Galp has set up a package of support measures to help fight COVID-19, in coordination with several national entities, including DGS, INEM and SNS hospitals.
As an immediate action, Galp and its Foundation will provide 29 ventilators to hospitals of the National Health Service in Portugal (SNS). The first 8 devices will be handed tomorrow and the remaining in the course of the next week, to account for the most pressing needs of the hospitals.
Due to the scarcity of such equipment, the ventilators are of different types, but all duly EC certified for immediate use.
Supporting INEM’s rescue vehicles
Galp provides, with immediate effect, support in fuel to the INEM vehicles, such as ambulances for transport of infected patients and the vehicles used by the tireless teams to pick the samples for analysis at the patients’ homes.
While responding to these additional needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the INEM continues ensuring every day the essential services to the population as is the case with prehospital medical emergency.
Motorcycles, ambulances, mobile units for psychological intervention, medical vehicles, disaster inter-vention vehicles and INEM helicopters maintain their operation, involving hundreds of teams every day, aiming to ensure the operation of the Integrated Medical Emergency System and the response to victims of accidents or sudden illness.
Energy packs for IPSS customers
Fundação Galp and Galp are setting-up an energy support package for more than 500 IPSS who are its clients. The company offers a full month of electricity and natural gas consumption to be used in a period of the institution's choice.
Providing media support to the DGS
Galp has provided the Directorate-General for Health (DGS) with its own advertising space for the dissemination of prevention messages concerning COVID-19 at a national scale. The campaign starts today, March 20, and goes on until March 31.
Operational status Galp mobility
- Gas stations almost fully operational and without any supply constraints;
- Replenished stores, adapted to the current circumstances and with outside/window payment facilities, where available;
- Encouraging electronic payment at the supply station or via contactless payment means (Mbway) whenever possible;
- Reinforcing cleaning and hygienisation, including of electronic payment terminals;
- Frequent hand washing and application of alcoholic gel of the employees;
- Encouraging to keep 2 meters of safety distance between clients;
- LPG supply network operational with home delivery, reinforcing hygienisation measures for the employees and the application of safety distance to the clients.
About supply contracts, readings and consumption
- Galp will not carry out supply cuts given the pandemic context. We are in solidarity with the Portuguese people in these difficult times we are all experiencing;
- Customers are encouraged to use the automatic line for communicating readings 800 500 212, at no cost and available 24/7, or the virtual assistant at casa.galp.pt;
- We recommend to use the casa.galp.pt portal to manage the requests, as natural gas and electricity stores are closed.
Learn more about Galp’s contingency plan here.