Audits and compliance
At Galp, the environment, quality, safety (EQS) and energy audits continue to be extremely relevant management tools in controlling risk and the impact of our activity.
Management of the EQS auditing programme
We have an internal team of qualified Environment, Quality and Safety (EQS) auditors, according to strict criteria, for ISO 14001, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO/IEC 17025 standards and HSE operational management system.
In order to ensure the benefits resulting from the audit, it is considered that internal audits should focus on the following aspects:
- assessing the degree of compliance of the applicable requirements;
- effectiveness of implemented systems;
- efficiency of processes.
The success of the audits is ensured through the following factors:
- selection of a technically credible Audit Team;
- audit planning and preparation;
- setting priorities in handling corrective actions.
To carry out external audits we use independent and qualified entities.
The degree of execution of audit actions was 90%, maintaining the most favourable figures since these indicators have been monitored.