We promote the health and well-being of our employees and their families through the following actions:
- We foster the adoption of healthy behaviors and an active lifestyle (e.g. nutrition and cardiovascular diseases appointments, and obesity prevention).
- We promote thematic conferences, namely:
- “An active and positive lifestyle”, with the European Institute of Health and Welfare;
- “Healthy life habits”;
- “How to adopt healthy eating on a day-to-day basis?”;
- “Psychosocial risks and stress management”;
- We Promote nutrition and prevention of cardiovascular accidents appointments;
- Cuida-T Program (lit. Take care of yourself);
- We implemented personal development programs and emotional intelligence management programs, with a view to promoting well-being;
- We have developed campaigns to raise awareness and prevent diseases and epidemics in areas at risk: (e.g. Zika virus, Ebola, dengue, malaria, HIV, tuberculosis, etc.);
- We periodically carry out campaigns to raise awareness on the risks connected to travelling.
The risks from travelling in different geographical areas can be minimized if the traveler acts in an informed and preventive manner, taking the necessary precautions before, during and after the trip.
We periodically carry out campaigns to raise awareness on the risks connected to travelling, in particular by disseminating the Traveler’s health, which aims to ensure the employee’s safety, protection, health and well-being.
We promote prior medical appointments, where the employee is informed of the main warnings, recommendations, and preventive as well as precautionary measures regarding the concerned geographic area.
Given the importance of a healthy mind and a healthy work environment, we have been implementing a meditation program that promotes full use of mind (mindfulness) through face-to-face sessions and an online practice period. In its second year, Mindfulness has already covered over 500 people from the Organization in Portugal and Spain.
The wellbeing week is a program with a calendar filled with activities - reiki, quick massages, yoga, meditation, healthy eating workshops and sleeping and resting techniques - with the objective of promoting physical, social and emotional well-being of our people.
The reiki sessions and the quick massages were the best evaluated initiatives and with a higher participation rate, and were therefore integrated into Galp's offer for its people with no cost, at Galp Medical Center.
In order to continue the effort on Mindfulness program, Galp promoted the use of the Headspace health app, specific for mediation, by providing 100 licences with 1 year duration.