- Galp holds a set of world class assets which combine both industry-leading cost-competitiveness and environmental performance.
- The decarbonisation ambitions are embedded in Galp’s strategic plan. The new long-term objectives and pathway towards carbon emissions reduction is expected to be met primarily by the execution of the main strategic guidelines announced by the Company.
- Reduction of 40% of absolute emissions from operations (Scope 1 and 2 emissions) in 2030
- Reduction of 40% of the production carbon intensity in 2030
- Reduction of 20% of the all downstream sales carbon intensity in 2030
(all reductions refer to 2017 as a baseline year, the year where Galp announced the diversification of its portfolio beyond Oil & Gas and that will be considered the base year for any analysis of carbon intensity evolution in the future)
These targets are part of Galp’s ambition to reach Net Zero Emissions (scopes 1, 2 and 3) by 2050.
For more information about the methodology click here.