8/23/2021 | Brazil

Start of production of the Sépia Field through FPSO Carioca

Galp announces that the FPSO Carioca has started production in the Sépia field in the pre-salt region of the Santos basin in Brazil.

The FPSO Carioca is located approximately 200 km off the coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, at a water depth of 2,200 meters. The unit, chartered from Modec, has a daily processing capacity of up to 180,000 barrels of oil and 6 million m³ of natural gas, being the largest operating unit in the Santos Basin, contributing to Galp’s expected growth in production.

The project foresees the connection of seven producer and four injector wells. The offloading of the oil production will be carried out by shuttle tankers, while the gas production will be exported through the pre-salt gas pipelines.

The shared accumulation of Sépia comprises the Sépia and Sépia Leste fields, located in the Transfer of Rights and Concession area (BM-S-24). Galp’s subsidiary Petrogal Brasil owns a 2.4% stake in the consortium, the remaining 97.6% stake being owned by Petrobras, who operates the project.