Galp, partner in the BM-S-24 consortium, informs that the Drill Stem Test (DST) of well 3-BRSA-1246-RJS (3-RJS-732), informally known as Apollonia, has been successfully completed, which represents an important milestone for the progress of the Júpiter discovery in the pre-salt Santos basin.
The DST preliminary results reinforce the potential of Júpiter’s reservoir, with condensate shows of high added value. This evaluation was carried out in a 150 meters interval, out of the 226 meters gas column within the 318 meters of the reservoir.
The test was concluded in August, targeting the condensates in Júpiter’s gas cap, achieving its objectives, of collecting fluid samples and improving the understanding of the reservoir’s fluid dynamics. Given the high Condensate-Gas Ratio (CGR) and elevated CO2 content, the DST is considered to be a technical breakthrough.
Fluid samples collected in the DST will be used to test the efficiency of gravitational separation at high-pressures of Petrobras’ technology HISEP®. The calibration of HISEP® with Júpiter’s fluid is essential for the validation and qualification of the technology and can potentiate the feasibility of a pilot project for Júpiter.
Júpiter’s declaration of commerciality (DoC) was postponed in 2016, given the complexity of the field, which allowed the BM-S-24 consortium to continue with the development studies for the Júpiter discovery. Galp, through its subsidiary Petrogal Brasil, owns a 20% stake in the consortium, while Petrobras (operator) holds the remaining 80% stake.